Visit the Careers page to search and apply for Global Research jobs in Shanghai. We also welcome robust participation in our work from a range of science and technology students. Find out more about Edison Internships and the Edison Engineering Development Program.
Non-Thermal Brine Concentrator (NTBC)
Using current technology, bottling companies typically use 75% to 85% of the water supplied to their treatment room for bottled water and soft drinks. The rest is discharged as a waste stream. Now, the NTBC—developed under GE’s “In China for China” strategy—can achieve high water recovery without the energy expenses associated with the traditional thermal evaporation system. That means companies in China’s food and beverage industry, for example, could recover more than 99% of the water in their plants.
Developed at China Technology Center, the WindRIDe-THRU and the WindVAR make the large-scale grid interconnection of wind turbines possible and friendly. GE’s wind turbines help bring more green energy to China because they are particularly suitable for large-scale wind farms on a less-stable power grid.
This technology is the practice of building up material to form a product rather than forming a product by traditional methods such as forging, casting or machining material away. Scientists at CTC use the technology to “print” difficult-to-work-with materials like titanium in parts as large as a meter tall. The technology forms the leading edge of GE’s jet engine fan blades, and the company is evaluating a range of applications to similar complex components.
Value Computed Tomography (CT)
Value CT aims to improve the quality of health service, while lowering the cost of medical treatment and creating better heath for more people. The Brivo CT 315/CT325, which leverages GE’s 40-year track record in CT, applies various advanced technology such as x-ray spectrum calibration, digital tilt and integrated CT console design to provide the rural market with a cost-efficient, highly reliable, high-quality image system. It was developed in China to improve clinical diagnoses in primary-level hospitals.
Areas of Research Concentration
- Subsystem, local interface design and field validation testing of China’s Mainline locomotives
- Site nonconformity resolution and fixed- and variable-speed drive system solutions for West-to-East pipelines and downstream projects
- In China for China and global wastewater and reuse projects using membranes, biodetection and analysis
- Ensuring Chinese-manufactured aviation components comply with GE specifications from U.S. sourcing
- Providing supplier evaluation, special process control and first article inspection for Aviation Mechanical Systems
- Integrating the ARJ21 China Regional Jet engine and aircraft through design study, problem resolution and component/rig test and certification/flight testing
- Strengthening automation product expertise to drive market growth in China and around the world
- Delivering comfortable and convenient electrical protection and control for global and Asian applications
- Supporting the China gasification licensing business and driving China wind turbine development
- Global wind component design, optimization, qualification, site issue support and DMP project execution