Visit the Careers page to search and apply for Global Research jobs in Rio de Janeiro. We also welcome robust participation in our work from a range of science and technology students. Find out more about Edison Internships and the Edison Engineering Development Program.
Offshore & Subsea Systems
This Center of Excellence sets expert researchers in the Oil & Gas industry to the task of developing new technologies for subsea, offshore drilling and flow assurance, especially related to pre-salt extraction. It drives GE Oil & Gas industry growth, reducing environmental risks and improving operational safety.
This Center of Excellence assembles electrical and mechanical expert researchers working in advanced automation for GE Energy, Oil & Gas, Mining, Transportation and Aviation. The group develops new technologies for sensing, predictive analysis, controlling, remote operation and autonomous systems and processes, driving systems to work collaboratively and intelligently through diagnosis and optimization.
Enhancing collaboration between humans and machines, and between machines themselves, through software development, this group of experts uses data analysis to integrate and optimize systems for GE Energy, Oil & Gas, Mining, Transportation, Aviation and Healthcare. They bring speed and efficiency to industry productivity, guaranteeing better performance of the integrated systems.
Chemical and biochemical expert researchers focus on thermochemical and biochemical processes that can be applied to industrial operations to more efficiently convert biomass and waste to energy. The group also works to reduce the environmental impact of conversion processes for GE Energy, Oil & Gas, Transportation and Mining, as well as the sugarcane-ethanol industry.
Areas of Research Concentration
- Oil & Gas platform systems integration and analytics, subsea exploration and electrification, offshore processing, flexible risers and flow assurance
- Power generation through thermochemical and biochemical processes, smart grids, sensing and monitoring, and advanced automation of electric networks
- Healthcare systems integration, data analytics and network optimization
- Optimization of transportation routes and performance, and port logistics integration
- Avionic systems integration and air traffic control optimization
- Mine-to-port solutions, and mine electrification, equipment monitoring and diagnosis
- Environmentally responsible use of sugarcane-ethanol waste, such as biomass or effluents, for energy, biogas generation and gasification